Indie Creators vs. the WorldAugust 16, 2010
– No one else will be motivated to realize your creative vision better than you.
– Choosing constraints that limit your audience, sales, or profit for other goals, are valid choices. (Sometimes, this pays off more in the long run as well)
– A lot of “helpful” people benefit from the advice they advocate for you – this has nothing to do with your creative vision, and taken too far, will lead you away from it.
– When you call the shots, you take all the credit and the blame.
– “Because I want to” is all the reason you need.
These are all basic ideas from the Forge ethos, but people seem quick to forget them, mostly wrapped up in the pursuit of the non-existent “infinite profit” or just being internet famous.